Romans in the New World
"Evidence of contacts with the civilizations of Classical Antiquity—primarily with the Roman Empire, but sometimes also with other cultures of the age—have been based on isolated alleged archaeological finds in American sites that originated in the Old World."
- Text from Wikipedia entry for "Pre-Columbian trans-oceanic contact theories" (accessed 11/15/2015)
- Image source
Blog Posts and Articles
- "New Revisionist History Paints America as an Ancient European Dumping Ground for Obese Romans" (Jason Colavito, 3/6/2016)
- "Investigating the Roman Coin Found in Illinois in 1913" (Jason Colavito, 1/21/2015)
- "Roman Coins in the New World" (Jason Colavito, 1/2/2015)
- "A Roman Coin Found at Seip Mound?" (Brad Lepper, 12/30/2014)
- "Pre-Columbian Old World Coins in America: An Examination of the Evidence" (Jeremiah F. Epstein, Current Anthropology 212(1):1-20, 1980).
Related Sites and Artifacts